Maine’s Positive Story of the Day from Dayton Consolidated School ~
On February 2, DCS participated in “Global School Play Day” where students were allowed to spend the entire school day playing with their classmates.
This is an event to remind us that unstructured play is not only fun, but is an important part of a child’s development.
- Play helps develop social skills
- Play develops critical thinking, cognitive and motor skills
- Play creates confidence in children
- Play fosters effective communication
- Play inspires creativity and imagination
Our students had fun both inside and outside today!