Positive Story of the Day from Williams Elementary School in Oakland: Every student at Williams Elementary School have been busy creating an animal of choice out of cardboard, designing an elaborate saddle, and painting a beautiful landscape/background for their animal for the “Wild About WES” art project. This art project also incorporated a writing piece where students were asked to identify why they are “Wild About WES”. You can’t help but smile as you walk down our hallway admiring each students’ unique piece of art and reading about everything that makes our school a special place. A few themes that emerged from the written pieces included: students feeling safe at our school, it is easy to make friends at WES and our building is filled with caring and fun teachers. Our art teacher, Ellen Gronlie, certainly does an amazing job giving each artist feedback and celebrating the amazing pieces her artists create.
- Maine’s Positive PRINCIPAL Story of the Day ~ Mary Nadeau, Nokomis Regional High School
- Maine’s Positive PRINCIPAL Story of the Day ~ Lori Smail, Winthrop Middle School
- Maine’s Positive Story of the Day ~ Nokomis Regional High School in Newport
- Maine’s Positive Story of the Day from Albert S. Hall School in Waterville
- Maine’s Positive Story of the Day from Cherryfield School
- Secretary of the Year Award Recipients