AOS 92, Waterville
Click HERE to view this part of the contract.
Hampden Academy, Hampden
Professional Growth: The Assistant Principal may attend appropriate professional meetings and conferences at the local, state, and national level for professional growth and development, upon prior approval by the Superintendent. The necessary expenses for travel and subsistence for such meetings and conferences shall be paid in an amount approved by the Superintendent.
Lisbon School Department, Lisbon
Lisbon’s has some basic language to that effect
- $1500 for national conference on a rotating basis (once every three years)
- $750 in expenses for participating in professional meetings, conventions, and workshops not to exceed $750.00 per year
- travel is covered separately
- Advanced degrees are also reflected in our salaries ($1,500 for CAS and 1500 for PhD)
MSAD 15, Gray-New Gloucester.
Click HERE to see a copy of their contract.
MSAD 17, Norway
The District may permit the Administrator to attend appropriate professional meetings and conferences at the local, state, and national levels for professional growth and development upon prior written approval by the Superintendent. The District shall pay the necessary expenses for travel and subsistence for such meetings and conferences in any amount approved by the Superintendent.
Richmond Middle/High School, Richmond
- PROFESSIONAL DUES
The administrators shall receive full payment for cost-of-membership in the State and National Administrators Associations, and the State and National Associations for Supervision and Curriculum Development (M.A.S.C.D. & A.S.C.D.)
- PROFESSIONAL CONFERENCES
Two (2) administrators each year, on a rotating basis, may receive up to one thousand dollars ($1,000) each to be used for expenses incurred in connection with attendance at an educational conference. Should the $1,000 not exceed actual expenses, the remainder may be used toward the expenses of additional members’ attendance. An administrator may request additional compensation from the Board upon approval of the Superintendent.
RSU 3, Thorndike
Our administrator contracts pay for up to 9 credit hours a year. The request needs to be made during spring budget time the for the new fiscal year.
RSU 16, Poland
Here is what RSU 16 has, in addition to the same tuition benefit as teachers (9 credits per year):
The School Board may permit the Administrator to attend appropriate professional meetings and conferences at the local, state or national level for professional growth and development upon prior written approval by the Superintendent. The School Board shall pay the necessary expenses for travel and subsistence for such meetings and conferences in an amount approved by the Superintendent. The amount of $1,400.00 shall be budgeted for the purpose of reimbursement for participation in professional meetings, dues and conferences.
Saco School Department, Saco
“Professional Growth”: The Board may permit the Administrator to attend appropriate professional meetings and conferences at the local, state, and national levels for professional growth and development. The Board shall pay the necessary expenses for travel and subsistence for such meetings and conferences in any amount approved by the Superintendent.”
“College Courses: The Board will also reimburse an Administrator a maximum of twelve (12) credit hours per year at the USM rate for satisfactorily completed college courses upon prior approval by the Superintendent.”
South Portland School Department, South Portland
Here’s what we use for Formal Professional Development (courses):
- Tuition: The Board encourages professional growth by administrators as the result of taking graduate level courses. Reimbursement for course work will be at the prevailing University of Southern Maine tuition rate per credit hour plus activity and lab fees. The maximum reimbursement shall not exceed nine (9) credit hours within a contract year.
Each administrator shall file notification of his or her intent to take advantage of the reimbursement provisions of this section for budget purposes whenever possible by October 1st of the calendar year preceding the date(s) of the anticipated reimbursement.
The Superintendent will grant exceptions to the pre-payment requirement upon evidence of satisfactory completion (B or better) of prior graduate course work. Repayment of tuition by the employee will be required for unsatisfactory completion (less than B) course work. The Superintendent’s decision is not grievable.
- As an alternative to the above reimbursement procedure, the Board shall provide any administrator who Complies with the above approval procedures for course reimbursement the option of receiving an educational loan or advancement to any accredited college or university for a direct advance payment (“third party billing”). The Superintendent shall make arrangements, at the administrator’s request, with an accredited college or university for a procedure for third party billing for the educational loan or advancement. providing a third party billing option is available. Third party billing is not allowable for the payment of any course exceeding nine credit hours be school year.
- In the event that an administrator who has used this advance payment procedure fails to complete successfully the course(s) or to provide written verification of successful completion within sixty (60) days from the ending date of the course(s), the administrator shall reimburse the Board the amount of payment made on behalf of the employee. Unless other written repayment arrangements are made with the Superintendent, any reimbursement owed to the Board by the employee shall be made by payroll deduction in six (6) consecutive payments. Full payment may be made to the business office at any time.
Union 69, Lincolnville
Benefits shall include:
1) 15 (fifteen) days of sick leave each year accumulating to a total of 160
- (one hundred sixty) days as determined on June 30th of the contract year.
2) Temporary Leave Days:
- 3 Bereavement Days
- 3 Personal Days
3) Other leaves of absence similar to the provision set forth and agreed upon with the …. Teachers Association in the concurrent year.
4) Mileage Reimbursement of $300.00 (Three hundred dollars).
5) Course/Conference fees in the amount of $1,500.00 (one thousand five hundred dollars).
6) Cost of the Administrator’s dues for national and state professional associations and for the Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development will be set at $900.00 (nine hundred dollars).
7) Retirement: After ten (10) years of service at …… School, upon retirement, Thirty (30) sick days (if available) will be paid at a per diem rate. In order to receive this retirement payment, the Administrator must provide his/her written retirement notice to the Superintendent not later than March 1 and such payment shall be made no later than July 30th.
Westbrook School Department, Westbrook
York School Department, York
I don’t have language about general professional development in my contract, but I did request that language be added to increase my course reimbursement to cover the tuition for doctoral program courses. It simply says that “the Principal will be reimbursed for up to 18 credits in each year of this contract upon successful completion of doctoral courses.”